Monday, March 16, 2009

Starting a New Devotional

The Catholic Women's Devotional Bible begins the devotions on a Monday. I am relieved it doesn't begin on a certain date. I only had to wait a few days from the day I knew it was time to re-start until the day when I could begin at the beginning.

Today, I begin at the beginning, the beginning of all. The opening reflection is on the seven days of Creation, and the breathing in of Life God did for the world at that time. The reflection compares the life saving act we perform through CPR with the Life God gave to us at the very beginning. It was a comparison I hadn't considered. What CPR does is nothing, in actuality, compared to God's creation of the world, but it is a real life comparison that gives us an opportunity to see God in action the way He has been since the beginning of time.

I felt peace today, really, for the first time since Saturday. It came today with the reading of the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment