Friday, March 6, 2009

Blessings Bestowed by the Lord

Today, the devotional from Extraordinary Lives Stories and Reflections for Lent, by Fr. Thomas Connery, was about fairness. He reminds us God promises grace, God doesn't promise fairness. The reflection question for today was to list five blessings the Lord has bestowed on me. I thought it would be easy, but it isn't. I have received so many blessings, it will be hard to limit it to five.

Five blessings as bestowed upon me by the Lord:

1. My family, both the family I live with and my family of origin.
2. My friends.
3. Steady employment for both Dave and I during tough economic times.
4. My needs are met. I have a roof over my head, food in the pantry, the heat and the electricity are on.
5. Good health for myself and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment