Saturday, March 28, 2009

Discipline

Discipline always has a negative connotation in my mind. Discipline is the consequence of poor choices and bad behavior. Discipline is never good.

We attended the 5pm Mass tonight. Father Paul's homily focused on discipline. He reminded us that discipline isn't always a bad thing. Discipline is what helps us focus on eating healthy, exercising regularly, reading a daily devotional. Discipline is a practice to keep us doing what we should be doing when we should be doing it.

Father spoke of attending Mass on a weekly basis as a discipline. I had thought I was a rather undisciplined person, unfocused and not very structured in many ways. We are disciplined in our weekly attendance at Mass. I am disciplined in my daily devotionals. For this week, I will work on applying discipline to my life in other areas. I will work on a discipline of daily exercise. I am hoping with a better attitude, this will come easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment