Monday, March 2, 2009

Pray for Me

Father Sam was the pastoral assistant at our parish several years ago already. He has an obvious devotion to our Blessed Mother. He always includes a heartfelt prayer, asking the Blessed Mother to pray for us as a congregation.

During one of his homilies, he asked everyone in attendance to say a Hail Mary for him every day. It sounds like an easy request, one that could almost be accomplished in my sleep. When I think back over those several years, there have been way more days where I didn't say a Hail Mary for him. Regularly, I think I need to correct this problem and almost as quickly, I forget again.

Today, I begin again. For Father Sam,

"Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment