Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Prayers for Our Servicemen and Servicewomen

I know I am running late. It has been five days since I have been here to actually post the thoughts that have been spinning through my brain. Obviously, I missed Memorial Day.

Our family is full of proud veterans. We have had family members serving at least during the Korean War, Vietnam Conflict, Desert Storm and currently serving. My cousin has been in the military for more than 20 years. He has served in peaceful times and in war. He has been stationed stateside and overseas. He has absolute faith in Jesus and absolute faith in doing what he does to serve our country.

Because of him, I am more aware of the issues and struggles that can face the people who serve our country through my job. A young soldier is preparing to return home to Oregon from where he is currently stationed. It will be a brief visit, but he plans to title and register the new vehicle he purchased close to his base. We have made more phone calls to the DMV office to make sure all of his questions are answered before he catches his flight out than we have made on any ten other deals in our office. My prayer is this time we have put in now will translate into a smooth transaction for him when he gets there.

I pray for safety for our troops, courage in the face of daunting tasks, respect from those whose lives they are protecting, and absolute faith in the mission they have been given by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment