Thursday, May 21, 2009

Feast Days

My grandmother said you had to make up with your feet what you don't have in your head. Today proved that point yet again. Last night, I rode in Dave's car, and I left my cell phone in the car rather than bringing it into the house. This morning, he left me a voicemail message at work to let me know my cell phone was still in his car, parked outside his employer's office, and he left it unlocked for me so I could pick it up.

Me and my feet (or vehicle as the case may be) headed to Cottonwood to pick up my phone. There is a detour now, so it is about a half an hour over and a half an hour back. One upside is I had a wonderful opportunity to listen to The Catholics Next Door.

The topic of conversation today, at least the part that made an impression, was about Feast Days. Today is the actual Day of Ascension. A number of diocese, in a handful of states, celebrate today. All of Europe, except Great Britain, celebrates today. The rest of the United States has opted to move the celebration of the Feast Day to the seventh Sunday in Easter.

Which leads me to the question...why?

No comments:

Post a Comment