Monday, May 18, 2009

Make Love

The theme from the homily this weekend was about the conscious decision to make love in daily lives. The priest cited statistics that showed, at least in the eyes of that poll maker, the benefits of a morning kiss from a spouse. Supposedly, those who kiss their mates live longer, have less accidents, and suffer fewer serious medical issues.

Although I did catch myself double-taking every time Father said "Make love", his message was consistent and thought provoking. It is easy to forget to show those around you the love you feel for them. It is easy to make conversations between spouses to be about the household chores or issues with the children rather than personal conversations just about the two of them. It is way to easy to focus on where kids screw up rather than where kids excel.

Today, I will focus on showing my love to my family in word and deed, not just going through the motions of being a wife and mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment