Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Prayers for Judy

I don't know what to say. Judy has been my mom's closest friend since one of her sons and I were in first grade. I spent more suppers at her house than I can count. She is the first person who ever prayed the rosary with me.

She has been battling cancer for most of my life. She has beaten breast cancer and uterine cancer. Now, however, she is battling something even bigger. It was liver cancer. Now it is also colon cancer. Treatment, other than palliative care, is being suspended. She will continue to receive chemo to keep her comfortable and maintain her quality of life.

She is so brave. She told one of her daughters-in-law she would have been frightened twenty years ago, but her job is done. Judy is ready to be ready to do as God's will is for her. My prayer for her and her family is peace in the face of the upcoming events.

No comments:

Post a Comment