Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lenten Menu Planning

Lent is a season of fasting and penance. All Catholics, between the ages of 14 and 59, are obligated to follow a meatless diet as a small measure of penance on Ash Wednesday and all Fridays of Lent. As an omnivore household, meatless meals are a real challenge. I, for one, have a difficult time stepping outside of the box and looking at foods that are not the normal meat and potato meals we eat here.

This noon hour, while listening to my favorite Catholic radio station, I caught a few minutes of a discussion about Lenten meals. It was only a part of the discussion since the weather was poor and the errand was short, but it prompted me to do some more research tonight. The host of the show stated he and his wife were trying new Lenten meals, from a website recommended by other Catholics. I am on the hunt for the website where these meals are listed, and I haven't found them yet.

While I have been searching for the official information, I have stumbled on to a few websites with some wonderful new recipes to try, as well as some old tried and true favorites. I will link a couple of them here. Check out the websites associated with them, too.

Operation Rice Bowl


Catholic Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment