Monday, February 23, 2009

Daily Devotional Readings

Daily devotional reading is an area where I struggle greatly. I feel devotional readings are important. However, I can't quite seem to find something I feel truly comfortable with on a daily basis. To me, daily devotional readings are a way to center myself, as I start my day, with the appropriate mind set. They are an opportunity to learn about my faith, a chance to explore thoughts I haven't considered before or a way for me to speak with God in a way I wouldn't have without the devotional.

I currently use two "Saint of the Day" texts, but have stepped back from the other devotionals I have used in the past. I will be beginning a Lenten devotional in a few days.

If anyone has any recommendations of good devotional material, either in print or online, please let me know. I am in the market for some new sources :)

No comments:

Post a Comment