Friday, February 27, 2009

Catholic Radio: Revisited

The weather yesterday was very snowy. This morning, the temperature had dropped to a bitterly cold -10. Because of the weather conditions, school was two hours late this morning.

Shortly after Dave left for work this morning, I got the boys up to start their day. CD complained of a sore throat and headache. I asked him to try to make it through breakfast before he decided if he could handle a day at school or not. He could barely keep his head up, which made it easy to decide to keep him home from school.

After I had his older brother and cousin on the bus, I scheduled a doctor's appointment for him. Since Dave's car pooling partner was driving today, I had the Suburban, with XM radio, for my errands.

CD and I headed to his doctor's appointment, listening to Greg Willits, of the Catholics Next Door. It was a quick drive across town, with more focus on the upcoming appointment than the radio. In all honesty, it was just background noise.

After the appointment, though, with the medical answers in hand, we were more relaxed. It was still the Catholics Next Door. Greg Willits, and his guest host, were discussing the current political climate in the United States. Specifically, they spoke of how some people view President Obama as an almost god-like figure.

CD, in all seriousness, said, "Are they kidding? President Obama isn't infallible. Only the Pope can be infallible and even he isn't infallible in all things."

This was a pretty pointed reminder of how observant kids are, the amount of information they absorb and their ability to process what they hear and see and form their own opinions about it. I am grateful for Catholic Radio again today, while my son and I are able to have a frank conversation about current events and how our Catholic view point interacts with a more global view.

No comments:

Post a Comment