Saturday, June 13, 2009

Watching Your Child Die

A woman I have known of for more than six years is watching her daughter die by inches before her eyes. It was just a couple of months ago when some on-going complications with her lungs chased her into the doctor's office. The final diagnosis was lung cancer.

She is my age. She has a daughter fairly close in age to my children's ages. Her mother is about my mother's age. Her father is close in age to my father's age. Her mother has been caring for her father and his cancer issues for as long as I have known her. For the past weeks, she has been caring for her dying daughter and her daugher's daughter while trying to juggle life with her husband and her greyhounds.

My heart is breaking for them. I cannot imagine the pain of what they are dealing with right now. Please keep Patti and Fred, Dee and her husband, and the little one, in your prayers in the days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment