Thursday, June 11, 2009

Anger, A Deadly Sin

On Monday evening, we watched the next couple of segments of the Seven Deadly sins. Anger was the first one of the night, with the corresponding heavenly virtue of forgiveness. I find I am struggling with this. There is something that happened almost two years ago. In my heart, I truly thought I had forgiven the other person involved. I thought I had moved past it.

I was wrong.

Something happened last weekend, again. My feelings are hurt. I am frustrated and angry. The worst part is, I am not just upset about this weekend. Everything from two years ago is now sitting as a hard, hot knot firmly ensconced in the pit of my stomach. It is wreaking havoc on my life.

I am supposed to be forgiving as God has forgiven me. I just wish the "how" of that was more clearly explained. I don't know where to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment