Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Scapulars

It is time for me to look into another area of our faith. Scapulars are something I know very little about, and I should know more. I have seen them, usually at First Communion, but I have never studied them.

Today, there was an update on one of the women I have been praying for on a regular basis. She is battling cancer. Honestly, I am pretty sure she is in the final stages and the prayers should be more than God's will be done than to pray for recovery. At this point, it will take a miracle, although, that is within God's reach if He so chooses.

Her mother's only complaint or concern about the care she is receiving, other than her desire for her daughter's recovery, is the nursing staff takes off her scapular. Their priest was there today and have now tied it on to her arm with a silk string and a note to leave it on. I pray they will be able to respect the request. They are drawing so much strength from their faith, I know it reassures her mother to know it is on her body.

1 comment:

  1. I bet it was a brown scapular:

    http://www.ewtn.com/expert/answers/brown_scapular.HTM

    ReplyDelete