Sunday, April 12, 2009

Jesus Christ is Risen!

Today is the first day of the new walk with the resurrected Jesus. It won't be long until we begin to hear the readings of what life was like in the days immediately after Jesus was raised from the grave. It is a time of discovery and hope.

It is also the day where we are released from the sacrifices we made during the Lenten season. The boys were all over that when they realized it. As a matter of fact, we were headed down to Mom's for Easter dinner and Carter suggested we stop in the next town in order to buy a Dr. Pepper. Obviously, we didn't, but they were able to have a pop at Grandma's.

I am not sure how I feel about my ability to return to "normal life". I understand the time of commemoration of the sacrifices Christ made for us is past for this year, but I don't know I should walk back away from it without a backward glance. There are too many instances in life where I take the easy way. For now, I will continue. I also feel it is harder since now it isn't an expectation, so this might make the sacrifice more real to me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment