Friday, April 3, 2009

Drawing To A Close

Lent is winding down already. This weekend is Palm Sunday. Next week is Holy Thursday, Good Friday and then the Easter Vigil. I can't remember a time when Lent has flown by quite so quickly. This week, I gave the final reminder to our class about Stations of the Cross. It seems like just yesterday was the first reminder.

For me, Lent has been a voyage of challenges in my journey to Christ. I finally feel a semblance of peace as we are entering the home stretch, though. I don't know that I understand it any better or have learned all that much, but I feel as though the struggles I am facing are a small reminder of the struggles Jesus had on His journey. My cross to bear is nothing in comparison with His.

2 comments:

  1. How many of your students were there tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was just one tonight. I think I have seen four second grade students total, combining all five, but it might be only three. Two from my class and two from HRS.

    ReplyDelete